Need help with robotic cleaner

I would say a lot depends on your personal attitude towards cleaning, also it would be helpful to know what type of pool you have, as well as what sort of debris you have to deal with. For example people that get acorns and other small berry like objects in their pools may have issues with them getting stuck in the tracks and gears of some models, while people with large submerged leaves may find they have clogging problems, while other models may cope better with steep walls or standing ledges in the deep end, etc. Personally I spent many years using suction side cleaners, before buying a cheap lightly used Dolphin Dynamic off ebay in the off season a couple of years ago for about $300. Overall it has been a great purchase if for no other reason than to get a feel for robot cleaners, and their good and bad points, however I can say my next robot will be one with a remote control to so I can steer it back over spots that it may miss on its random pattern routine.

Ike

I'm in the same boat as Yellow. I have an in ground 20x40 rectangular pool that I am updating with a new Hayward ecostar pump and now looking at robot cleaners. I did find this page from a retailer that seems to provide some good information on the different models available, but I don;t know how much is propaganda ("buy this one because we make the most profit on it") and how much is objective fact:
http://www.poolexpress.com/robotic-clea ... QgodWwwANw
Perhaps someone with some experience in these matters canb give an opinion about the information it contains and if it's trustworthy. Thanks in advance!!

I picked up a Dolphin Diagnostic yesterday off craigslist for $200. So far I am pretty impressed by its performance, no problems climbing the walls or picking up debris. The reviews on many of these robot cleaners about motors failing made me hesitant, but at $200 I thought it was worth the risk. Wouldn't want to spend $1000 on one though.

http-i.groupme.com-146646c0d5f8012f311712313927618c

My pool is a gunite with tiles along the rim. My pool guy just does the basics. I have 3 king palms along one end of the pool and it drops small, thin, but long pieces of it's leaves into the pool. It'll only take a few hours after my pool gets cleaned before the leaves are in there again.

gullzway..you got a STEAL on that dolphin..I picked up a Dolphin Diagnostic off of CL too back in April..and it was used maybe 5 or 6 times by the previous owner...I got it for $450...and it cleans my AGP like NO OTHER I've ever had. I've tried many too.

Despite my best efforts to research a robotic cleaner, my father (the other occupant of the house and co-owner of the pool) went out and dropped $1200 on a polaris P93 at Leslie's without a word to any of us. In looking it up it appears to be a re-labeled Polaris 9300. So far it's performance has been pretty close on to what the website review I posted above mentioned. It can not do stairs to save its life (it gets high centered on them and sits a while but usually frees itself eventually), but it has been very good about picking up debris both large and small.

Overall I am inclined to return it because for $1200 it should darn well do the stairs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.