Under Construction in PA

bigfunky

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2012
Wayne, PA
Day # 1

PB was onsite yesterday to dig the hole.

Backyard Before
P8295170.JPG

Track hoe shows up
P8295173.JPG

Scraping up the topsoil
P8295177.JPG

Dig is underway
P8295210.JPG

Day # 1 work is complete
P8295211.JPG

Stay tuned for updates. I read through so much info on this site it really helped us to make informed decisions and get just about everything figured out in advance. The amount of knowledge here is incredible. Looking forward to implementing the BBB System, unfortunately the pool will be done in Oct and will keep it open for a month to let the finish cure, then have to close for the season. We'll be ready to go next spring!!!

Good luck with the project. We had ours started about the same time two years ago. Our pool looks fairly similar to yours, maybe the same builder. We're in Exton. Anyway, ours was finished around late-October but we waited until the following spring to plaster/fill the pool. That way we didn't have to worry about covering it over the winter and it worked out great. Not sure if that's an option for you or not.

Yes, deck was poured in the fall (2010). In March/early April 2011, we got the landscaping done around the pool. Mid April 2011 PB came out and plastered and started filling with water. Couple days later the startup tech came out, turned everything on, gave us a quick lesson on how things work, and off we went.

I live in schenecksville PA.
When we had our pool built, the hole was dug in the fall and we had the concrete poured the following spring.
I am not a civil engineer, but I dont think it hurt that the ground had 6 months to settle...

Bigfunky, I hope your build goes well! I used the same pool builder to build my pool this spring and they did a good job. You have to stay on top of their project managers but their crews do a great job. My Jandy pump failed last weekend and their service department was quick to dispatch someone and provided me with a backup solution while they awaited the new part which they have already installed. Anyways, this is an exiting time for you and I look forward to following your build!

Here's some pics and renderings of the final design, the pavillion and landscaping will be done next spring.

I cannot say enough about our designer, he took pics of our backyard and then superimposed the pool rendering so we could see what the final product would look like. Before we were at this point we had a totally different pool shape and layout that looked great on paper but when we laid it out in the yard the first time it just did not work.

Doble%2520Alternate%2520Pool%2520-%2520Layout%2520Info.jpg

Doble%2520Alternate%2520Render%252001.jpg

Doble%2520Alternate%2520Render%252002.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now it really looks like a pool, the gunnite was done today! Pretty awesome watching those guys work.

P9145335.JPG

P9145338.JPG

P9145344.JPG

P9145350.JPG

P9145352.JPG

P9145353.JPG

P9145354.JPG

P9145357.JPG

Next up, electrical, gas line, tile / coping, deck, rain garden, fence, pool cover and plastering!!!

Electric and gas work is just about complete, the spa stone and coping is being done as we speak. I decided to wait until spring to get the pool plastered rather than open it for a month just to monitor water chemistry and really not get to use it. I'll also be able to defer the $5k pool cover cost until next year :-D

I will get the deck poured and fence put it this year for safety reasons and so my backyard is not a muddy, swampy mess all winter. Depending on how much money I can save over the winter I may even upgrade to PebbleTec :goodjob:

PA015393.JPG

PA015397.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.