How long b4 I can pour concrete decking

msera1

Jun 11, 2012
18x36 10" poured concrete wall with liner pool just completed. Backfilled for two weeks and heavy rain has occurred and have seen some settling already .
Not much tamping occurred while backfilling but the Clay soil was moist when backfill occurred. No deck supports like some steel pools.....
Being that the season is just about over I was going to wait till next spring top get the concrete pool decking installed.
My reason would be to allow the ground to settle and avoid cracks in decking. I will probably only get 4' all around.

The Concrete decking is not part of the pool builders responsibility so they dont care either way, and they think it is unnecessary to wait as I planned and might even be causing more problems by waiting as the soil might turn to chocolate pudding after thaw in the spring.

I would love the feedback.

Waiting is a much better idea than doing it now. An even better idea would be to remove the clay soil and use gravel backfill, but that may not be possible for you. Pouring the deck now would almost certainly result in big cracks, and soon! You want it to settle as much as possible before pouring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.