Help with cleaning - pop up system

Aug 29, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
We recently bought a house with a saltwater pool/ pop up cleaning system. The last owner did not seem to maintain the system well. The pop outs appear to be working, but there is some debris on the bottom of the pool, either from dead spots or collection over time. We are looking for the best way remove debris from the bottom. We considered buying a Pentair Vac Mate attachment in place of the skimmer basket as recommended by our pool supply store, but the product has terrible reviews. I am new to this, and our pool is not equipped with a separate port to plug in a vacuum due to the existing pop out system. Does anyone know of a good product that can supplement our pop-out system as needed? Thanks!

My last pool had a floor pop up system that seemed to do well except for a few spots where the dirt would collect. Easiest option is just to brush the dirt out of the dead spot toward the floor drain.

I used to just put a hose directly into the skimmer hole and manual vacuum the dirt up (disclaimer, this may not be a really good idea ... better to use a vacuum plate over the skimmer basket).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.