Polaris 380 problem

Aug 28, 2012
I recently (about a month ago) purchased a new Polaris 380, and have been getting frustrated, as the zipper bag keeps disconnecting during use. I have snapped it back on and ensured it is installed properly and securely, only to return an hour or three later and see the bag dragging along beside the polaris as it moves about the pool.

Is this a unique problem? Or is it common with the new 380 design? This 380 replaces an 8-year-old 380 that had a slightly different connection, that never came off. One would think newer would be better... :lol:

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Here's a pic of the new style Polaris 380, with the connection area circled. On the old Polaris, where the oval "button" is located, it was simply a square opening, where you would squeeze the tabs from the bag to take the bag off. Now, you have to squeeze those tabs higher on the bag assembly to take the bag off the Polaris. Hopefully this is making sense...

Attachments

• polaris380.01.jpg
    polaris380.01.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 47
  • polaris380.bag.01.jpg
    polaris380.bag.01.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 47
I think I understand. The oval is a recessed area where the tabs lock the bag in place but they are no longer accessible directly to release - you now push them in just above there. That seems like a weird design.

Mine is the old style. Bag is new - they kept that the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.