Pool Alarms

Jul 18, 2007
Any recommendations for a pool alarm? Consumer Reports recommends the Poolguard PGRM-2. Just curious if anyone has tried it or has any other suggestions. Also, any good recommendations for backyard fencing to block off the pool from our 1 year old who just started walking would also be appreciated.
Thanks.

I tried the pool gaurd but returned it when the in house part of the alarm didn't work. Be advised that you need to drill into your coping. I made a mounting block out of wood which allowed me not to drill into my deck. (Which I refused to do) I purchased a Pool Patrol which floats. It's far from perfect but does work. We use it during the day only since it can have false alarms. I have come to the conclusion that there is no real good alarms, the best being adult supervison which is priceless. The alarm for us is just a last line of defense.

There must be codes where you live; fence, gates, etc. If the house is going to be one side of the fence and there is a door leading out to the pool; you're going to have to do something with the door; some type of lock and alarm.

The fence gates will have to be locked at all times. There are all types of locks for any type of gate you can think of.

The way you are putting it, it sounds like you don't have a fence around the pool now.

I have the Poolguard alarm and I unfortunately had to take it out of the pool yesterday because of the false alarms.

Although your wife might find it hilarious, running outside in your briefs at 3:00am isn't all that fun. I'm sure my neighbours enjoyed the show.

The false alarms we got were due to windy conditions (the pump wasn't running at the time). I also just installed some solar panels and I'm concerned that the waves caused by the air bubbling out of the panels will cause the alarm to go off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.