How to connect hose to Vac Lock fitting?

I installed a dedicated 2" vacuum line when I built our inground pool. I just purchased and installed a Waterway Vac-lock fitting like this. But the 1 1/2" hose that came with my vacuum head won't fit it. The hose fits fine in my skimmer, but I want to use the dedicated line. Is there a connector of some sort that I need?

mlawrence17 said:
I installed a dedicated 2" vacuum line when I built our inground pool. I just purchased and installed a Waterway Vac-lock fitting like this.

But the 1 1/2" hose that came with my vacuum head won't fit it. The hose fits fine in my skimmer, but I want to use the dedicated line. Is there a connector of some sort that I need?

Is it too small - too big or what? The 2" fitting sounds too big for the 1.5" hose. I wonder if you need to get another hose or adaptor to allow the 1.5" hose to fit.

The hose is too big for the vac-lock fitting. Not to mention that the collar on the hose sticks out farther than the little locking tab on the vac-lock fitting which is supposed to grab the ribs on the hose to prevent it from coming out. The hose that came with the Kreepy Krauly fits in the vac lock fine, but not the one I use with vacuum head.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.