Safety Fence

Apr 8, 2008
Looking for a rec on mesh safety fence... Willing to do it ourselves, but have no idea what to pay for it. If having it done is a bit more, well time is money and we would rather be swimming!! From what I have seen with online quotes it seems like it is only a few hundred $'s difference, but again dont know if I am doing them right.

The pool is 35x15 rectangle, one side is grass. Would like one of the nicer gates. Thinking 4 feet tall, black.

Well........ my two cents.

First, the new fence must be up to code for an inground pool. (here it is 4 foot)

Second, you must have lockable gates.

Go to Lowes and figure out what it will cost you for everything that you need. Then add 14 dollars per running foot to that total and you will have the approx. cost to have it done either by yourself of hire someone to do it. I would guess to go all the way around the pool will be $2200 to $2800, that's hiring someone. Doing it yourself about $800 to $1200. Usually, a color fence will cost you more.

Cheaper way is to find someone that does it on the side and takes cash..... no receipt. Ask around and see if you can find somebody.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.