Skimmer and pump leaking

stack_climber said:
Can I order some form of gasket kit to replace the gasket/gaskets around the skimmer?
Yes, you will need to know what skimmer you have, then new gaskets are easy to order. You can also make your own gaskets out of rubber sheeting by using the old gasket or faceplate as a guide.

stack_climber said:
I have leaks at the skimmer and around the shaft on the pump.
Sounds like you need a new pump seal (probably a pump shaft seal), not a whole new pump/moter (unless something else is not working). If you know your pump model, then the pump seal is easy to order as well.

That's one of my problems. The guy that sold us the pool never gave us any documentation on anything, pool, liner, pump, skimmer, sand filter. The pump motor is a GE motor but other than that, I have no idea. know the skimmer is a wide mouth but don't have a clue what brand it is. The sand filter is a Clearwater but it was a replacement for the original, since the original had a horribe leak around the valve the minute it was installed. The orignal wasn't a Clearwater.

I'd like to just replace the pump with one I know and have info on. Is the Hayward MaxFlo with built in timer a decent pump? Should I go 3/4hp or larger?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.