Can Aqualogic be flash updated.

mas985 said:
No it can't be flashed, they would need a new main board to upgrade for an EcoStar compatibility.

What about a two speed pump? The info earlier seemed conflicting - 2004 seemed it could support 2 speed and 2008 didn't - is this accurate? It seems like a 2 speed would be a lot simpler in the sense it is just a pair of switch relays that only one is on at any given time - or both are off - right?

The original question was about a VS pump not a two speed but yes, the older controllers will support a two speed.

mas985 said:
The original question was about a VS pump not a two speed but yes, the older controllers will support a two speed.

Agreed - the 2 spd question came up later but I hoped (and I was right!) that you could clarify this. You always seem to have the answers on these topics.

CraigMW said:
??? The 2008 manual also described 2-speed pump compatibility. I didn't say that it did not, only that there was no mention of multi-speed support.

Sorry - totally misunderstood you. The way you phrased it "multi-speed" meant to me anything other than single speed. I get what you were saying now.

UnderWaterVanya said:
CraigMW said:
??? The 2008 manual also described 2-speed pump compatibility. I didn't say that it did not, only that there was no mention of multi-speed support.

Sorry - totally misunderstood you. The way you phrased it "multi-speed" meant to me anything other than single speed. I get what you were saying now.

Ah, I see the confusion. I should have said variable speed instead of multi-speed. Funny how fallable the English language (and my usage of it) can be at times!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Aqualogic? I was told multiple times by different Hayward techs that this was not possible on the Aqualogic. The entire board needs to be replaced. Or perhaps you were talking about the ProLogic?

Its funny, and typical I guess.
My customer talked to the techs on the 800 line and they told him he has to upgrade to a prologic.

It is most certainly a Aqualogic. They didnt have prologic back then. Now I dont believe it has the same level of control as the prologic, only the filter pump can be VS, but that works for this situation.
I will let you know more once I get the new pump in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.