New pool, help with waterline tiles

Aug 27, 2012
Hi Everyone! I have a brand-new pool with a Diamond Brite finish. The pool builder used muriatic acid in the water to remove the cream on the finish and expose the aggregate, and it looks great. My problem is that my waterline tiles are 1" square glass tiles with a few stone tiles in each section. The stone tiles are looking cloudy unless they're wet, so I'm thinking that the acid may have etched them or removed whatever finish was on them. I plan on asking the pool builder about it, but thought I'd do some research on my own to see if anyone knows what I can do to get them back to their original state. Any ideas?

dlthoma1 said:
Hi Everyone! I have a brand-new pool with a Diamond Brite finish. The pool builder used muriatic acid in the water to remove the cream on the finish and expose the aggregate, and it looks great. My problem is that my waterline tiles are 1" square glass tiles with a few stone tiles in each section. The stone tiles are looking cloudy unless they're wet, so I'm thinking that the acid may have etched them or removed whatever finish was on them. I plan on asking the pool builder about it, but thought I'd do some research on my own to see if anyone knows what I can do to get them back to their original state. Any ideas?

i had a similar issue after a diamondbrite acid wash. I found that it was actually a layer on the tiles. A fingernail would scratch it off but it was hard to wipe it off. I didnt bother to do anything about it and the stuff eventually disappeared after maybe a month.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.