SWG Installation Cost and Maintenance

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi Guys,

Just curious what it costs to have a SWG installed in your particular area and how much do they cost to maintain. I'm not sure they are cheaper than conventional chlorination but I feel the enhanced swimming experience is well worth the extra cost.

In my area pool stores charge $3,500 for Hayward AquaRites/T15 and sometimes that doesn't include installation.

The cost of maintenance goes up during the rainy season/summer. We lose CYA, CH and salt. These have to be kept at the right levels. Also salt cells sometimes need cleaning and lightening strikes and power surges sometimes knock out PCB's.

I'd be interested in your feedback on SWG costs in your area vs conventional chlorine tab run pools.

Much appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks!

A couple of things:

You can buy your SWG online and set it up your self and save big $$$$
Example:
Cicupool RJ 45 ~$1000

Also, I know my Mother In Law spends huge money on Bromine every year.
I spent <$200 on salt this year and that was a new pool, it will be even less next year.

That price is very high. The T15 setup can be found for $1000 and installation is pretty easy with minimal PVC and electrical experience.

They typically require using more acid to lower pH and salt is pretty cheap.

You also have to consider that you will have to replace the cell every 3-5 years or so. SWG generally do not seem to save money, but certainly help with convenience.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

You know the saying pay now or pay later... SWCG will cost more upfront, but the cost tend to average out. The biggest savings I feel comes out in less daily maintenance (having to add chlorine daily if going BBB). The liquidator is another option. I opted to got with COMPUPOOL CPSC48 on my 17K pool. Price was $750 delivered. Install was less than an hour. Our pool is open year round. No swimming Dec, Jan, Feb. Pump runs a few hours during those months. Summer 10 hours at 70% output.

I got the SWCG because I didn't want to do daily maintenance. (I brush weekly, throw in the robotic cleaner every few days, and test weekly.)

Poolsean said:
Aquatica is also in the Caribbean, so there are shipping, import, and duty taxes to consider when comparing prices of systems.

Thanks for the feedback guys. much appreciated.

Yes we have shipping and then the government charges 47% duty on cost of the item and the shipping of the item. so usually ends up costing us around 55% on top of U.S. price to land system. plus if anything is faulty its not worth sending back as that would cost too much so we either fix it or replace the defected part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.