Leave pool open in south Texas?

erivette

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
South Texas
I live near San Antonio. I'm curious how others in this area handle their AGP over winter. I don't think I need to close. But do I need to buy a cover? If so, what kind is best here? Do I just maintain chemicals? Leave it open and just keep solar cover on? Run pump all night when it's super cold? Really no idea the best way to proceed and would much appreciate guidance from others in the area. Thank you!

I'm on I-20 NE of you and I don't close. My wife would rather look at it all winter!. I just run the pump when it's freezing is the only difference-------and chemical use goes to almost nuthin'.

Same with us, though we leave ours running on low until the temps start hitting consistently "very cold." I think below 50 is where the algae finds it hard to grow, but could be mistaken. Anyway, we have a 2-speed pump which costs around $20/mo to run 24/7/365. So we leave our pool open and go sit on the deck and enjoy the view. We're up North a little from you, in Wylie (DFW area).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.