need a new swg- help with replacement

Aug 6, 2009
:?: my 3 year old intex swg has bit the dust. we have a 27' 19,000 gallon pool. i haven't had any problems with the intex model, i think the plates have just worn out. i can keep the pool clear with the bbb method till closing in a few weeks.

i have read good and bad about the new intex models, should i just save $50 bucks and buy an older model now, or the new one with copper ionizer? or would anyone recommend another brand that is comparable with the price?

i really would love your input. thanks!

If you can find an older model, then definitely get that. Also, if you find them, please PM me with a link (or post it here). The new models are capable of adding 12 mg per hour chlorine, and the older models are rated at 24 mg per hour (so your cell wouldn't have to work as long). And as Bama said, the new ones add copper as well and you don't want that (you can disconnect that though). So in my opinion, definitely spring for the older model.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.