Salt chlorine generator, circupool

Aug 26, 2012
Ive been having a very difficult time deciding which salt chlorine generator to buy. It seems all the pool sales people are pushing Hayward or zodiac e series, BUT the circupool rj series looks really good to me; high output, low cost of generator and replacement cells and 7 year warranty. Is this too good to be true. All the pool sales guys tell me that it is too good to be true, they've never heard of this company. I'm a little worried that the company will go out of business, I won't be able to find replacement cells or cash in on long warranty???
Thanks for any advice on this matter.
M

Welcome to TFP!
The hayward/zodiac/pentair models have been around the longest, so that's probably why they're being pushed. We have a few members with the circupool that seem to like it; to find the threads, you can use the google search box at the very bottom left of the page.

I have a Compupool CPSC48 (I'm pretty sure the same company makes both units (Compupool and Circupool)). It the power supply gets hot at times does a temp check (approx 5 minutes) then starts back up. It's not every day it does it. Or at least I don't notice it. It's still maintains the proper chlorine level.

I wonder if other Brands have the same over heating issue? Maybe its no big deal? Im definately not one that knows anything about electrical and not be would checking it regularly, especially over winter. I was sold on this brand until i read The one story about a fire. That really worried me!?
Thanks for your input,
M

If your read the actual article previously posted here: anyone-familiar-with-aquacomfort-swg-and-how-they-stack-up-t52336.html#p430327

The fire happened on a AquaComfort unit, which was a redesign made by Compupool specifically for them. Stating: “The units sold by AquaComfort in 2011 were nothing like our mainstream Compu Pool units,” Millar stated. “The cell configuration is totally different.”

So, I would not be too concerned about the CompuPool units.

Also wanted to add that the Hayward SWG units have a know problem where the current limiter gets burnt up, although the repair is under $5 if you know someone who solders.

Seems like most of these SWGs get pretty warm.

Ive read all about the history of compupool/ circpool. Now i do believe he product is too good to be true. Does anyone have advice on hayward? Should i get an aquarite, aqua rite pro or the really expensive aquarite pro plus with Sence and dispense?
M

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.