CH Test "Purple Endpoint with Floaties"

Jul 21, 2012
Indianapolis
When doing the CH test with a TF-100 (about a month old) I consistently get "Purple Endpoint with Floaties". I've used Waterbear's CH test instructions for water with metals as I have had staining on my steps that I cleared with ascorbic acid and MetalFree. I've ordered a magnetic stirrer just in case my swirler is defective. :lol: I noticed that when I add the six drops of R0012 first (for the metal) that I can see floaties in the sample. Is this the magnesium precipitating out? When I add R0011L it is VERY thick and sinks like a rock. Is this normal? After the sample sits for a while the floaties stay suspended in the sample. Can the MetalFree effect this test?

Current levels:

FC=5.5
CC=0.5
PH=7.5
TA=100
CYA=90-100 Will lower at closing at the end of season
Borates=40
Salt<1000

I know that CH is not critical for a vinyl pool I would just like to know all my numbers.

Thanks

I had the floaties problem with the CH test, took my water sample to the local pool store and watched him get a perfect result because he continually, vigorously stirred the solution with a small plastic spoon while adding reagent drop-by-drop. I was swirling the sample, he stirred.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.