Pump recommendations

I posted a similar question at the Pool Forum, but I'm not sure if there's significant traffic there at this time. So, I'd like to ask here as well.

We may need to replace our old 2 hp pump. We have an 11,000 gallon gunnite pool, with a raised spa/waterfall. Our filter is a Purex Triton FNSP 60. The pump is a Purex Triton Ultra Flow, 2hp. I'm not sure if it is a 2 speed pump, but when we turn on the spa, it does seem to ramp up to keep the spa jets going. (edited to add that I believe we have a 1 hp booster pump as well, so that might be what is moving the water in the spa).

What size pump should we get? I'd really like to lower our electricity bill. I'd be okay with a smaller, dependable (and quiet) pump that just keeps the water flowing.

Thanks,

Caroline

86246ae0c6a3707e779b38c957e6ace7.jpg

Because of the spa jets, I would not reduce the size of the pump otherwise the spa jets will end up weaker. However,you might be able to replace the motor with a two speed so when not using the spa, you could run on low speed.

The new A.O. Smith B2984 is a very efficient two speed motor that should fit your pump's wet end.

Mark's recommendation is good. You will save a lot of energy costs by running on low speed most of the time while maintaining the option of the spa with high speed.

And replacing just the motor is certainly the cheapest option.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

motors are motors and pretty sure the seals are the same. Maybe if other parts need replacing that could be a problem, but the motor should not be discontinued.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.