Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TIps for a 4Wheeler "Pool Cleaner?"

1. Back To Top    #1

TIps for a 4Wheeler "Pool Cleaner?"

Well the "Pool Cleaner" came yesterday. Put it in the pool this morning and have fought the stupid thing all day! What a disappointment! The thing will not climb the walls as promised nor will it even go to the shallow end of the water to clean the pool. Took the weights off then even back on..just not what I expected it to be.

If anyone has any tips that they would like to share I would be very happy to try them. IF it doesn't get better I will be seeing if this thing is returnable!

Thanks in advance
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

2. Back To Top    #2

You might have to reduce suction on your skimmer/main drain some. I have a vacuum gauge on my pump that I use to dial this in a little better. You will have to adjust this until the wheel rotations are what is recommended. Mine climbs very well, although it is a 2-wheel model. Why did you go with the 4-wheel model? I was told if your line is towards the middle the 2X will do fine. I have a much larger pool than yours and I have the 2X
    Salinda
    owner of ~37,000 gallon plaster IG pool/spa combo. Intelliflo VS+ filter pump, 2 hp whisperflo spa jet pump, Jandy Aqualink RS-6 with iAqualink upgrade, The Pool Cleaner 4x suction cleaner, Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM2-40 SWG, Sta-rite 400k heater, solar heat pads and coils, Solar-Breeze NX.