SWG will not turn off - runs at max constantly

My salt cell (T-15) seems to be running flat out, no matter what I do.

I set the percentage down to 0; the diagnostic menu says "chlorinator off; percentage reached", but after another 24 hours, my FC is still reading in the 14 range.

I also tried unplugging it from the controller and then plugging it back in - that didn't do it either.

For now, I have unplugged it and left it powered off. I need the FC to drop so that I can get an accurate pH reading and make sure my water is balanced.

Has anyone ever seen this behavior? Suggestions on other things to try? Any guesses on whether it is the controller or the SWG?

Thanks,

SF

I run my pump at the following times:

10am - 8 pm
1am - 5am

CYA is 70.

I normally run my SWG at 10-15%. Once I saw the problem, I reduced my percentage all the way to zero percent, and the FC was still registering 16+.

I definitely think I have a problem where the SWG is not obeying the percent run time.

I'm not so sure. Thats a lot of run time and a decently high cya level. Before you worry about a problem, try setting it at 5 or 10 percent and monitor the FC for a few days. I run mine at about 20% with a lot less pump time than you have. I suspect its working fine, just generating more than you expected. You can probably cut your runtime by half as well, and save some money on power

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.