How can you tell when the water is sanitized?

dave18

Aug 10, 2012
Sacramento, CA
OK, I hate to even ask this question, but I'm at the tail end of the shocking process, and somebody REALLY wants to use the pool with some friends and their kids tomorrow. I can now see the bottom of the pool in the deep end, and CC is typically zero or near zero in my testing. I'm going to do the overnight test tonight to see how much FC levels drop, but in the event they drop too much indicating that I'm not done shocking yet, I just have to ask the question:

How can you tell if the water is sanitized and thus "safe" to swim in? Even if pH levels are out of whack and it burns, that's OK for this single event.

Like I said, I hate to ask, but this is probably the last time of this swimming season that this group of people can get together, so it would be nice to use it. As long as no one will get sick from bacteria, potential burning eyes and dissolved bathing suits are acceptable! I will issue just such a warning to all bathers! :)

Thanks again. This place is awesome! :)

-Dave

As long as the FC is below your shock level and you can see the bottom and your CC are low, it should be safe. The FC in the pool will still be working to kill any nasties they bring into the pool with them.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.