GREAT WATER - NEED HELP !

chomik

Aug 24, 2012
I was on vacation in Gran Canaria - Maspalomas.

I'm impressed by the quality of water they had.

It was not annoying to my eyes and skin, very cloudy/milky and reflective.

The PH was about 7 , alkinity 120 mg/L , not too much chlorine

What should I add to the pool to get the same effect?

Welcome to tfp, chomik :wave:

Almost always eye and/or skin problems are caused by incorrect ph levels or CC (=combined chlorine and often caused by inadequate chlorine levels).

For us to be most helpful, we will need to see a full set of test results (or as much as you can get) or FC, CC, ph, TA, CH, cya. Unfortunately it is harder for you folks over in Europe to get an appropriate test kit (drop based not strips) that can do all of those measurements.

I am confused, are you trying to have your water look milky or am I misunderstanding your statement?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I'm asking - what should I add to water to get similar effect.

I want to get water with neutral PH (good for eyes and skin), alkinity around 120 mg/L and low level chlorine. What chemical should I add to get this?

The water in Gran Canaria was milky, but if I can get those parameters with water being clear it's fine to me.

I guess that's some chemicals with chlorine and something else, with pure chlorine I can't get this parameters.

Here's the picture of the GC water:

http://www.bungalowsvistaflor.com/en/photo-gallery-bungalows-vistaflor-_195_1014.html

My water is crystal clear, pH is 7.5, and when not at shock levels I have been asked how my "freshwater" pool stays clean without chlorine! People think high chlorine is smelly and annoying but mostly it seems the problem is the impact of insufficient chlorine that causes the burning eyes it by skin etc.

Try the std bbb method first before seeking some wonder product additive. Cloudy water is not all that safe as it means that it is harder to spot a person under the water in trouble. It also typically means dead/dying algae is presently in the water and needs to be filtered out.

Pay up a full set of test results ( FC CC TA pH CH CYA) and then we can make recommendations.

There are articles in Pool School that describe our recommended levels and what chemicals to add to affect each parameter.

I agree that it sounds like you are misunderstanding what causes the water to not feel good. High FC is generally not one of them.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.