Vacation Tip

Have read several posts over the last year on maintaining pools using BBB while on extended vacation and just wanted to share my experience. Just recently returned from a 7 day vacation taking the family to FL to visit the Mouse. I typically keep my FC levels at or around 5 with a CYA of 60 in my SWG pool. We have a blue colored solar cover that goes on the pool every night and I put it on whenever we leave the pool unattended. The cover is certainly not clear but isn't solid either as light does get through it and it does a good job of keeping the pool warm. When I returned I tested and found that FC was up to 14. My pool gets sun from the minute the sun is up straight through till sundown and we didn't have anyone check on it while we were gone. (I did have someone to call in an emergency to pump the pool out as we had been getting some massive rain in NY)

Turned the SWG down to 0% when I returned home to burn off some FC and get back down to my sweet spot around 5. I have to assume that the lack of use and the blue cover helped keep FC climbing without being burned off. I am meticulous about keeping my chemistry in line so pool was well balanced before I left. Just thought I would share this in hope it helps others using BBB take a worry free vacation knowing their pools will be fine when they get home! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.