newbie from katy, texas

tkntx

Aug 23, 2012
just came here recently looking for help on a used filter i bought. I might stick around, looks like there is a lot of info here. I have an Intex 18 x 48 ultra frame pool. We bought it july 1st and have only spent a few days in it before it turned green and we have been trying to clean it since. I have a few issues, one was the crappy filter that came with the pool.....we finally got rid of that. Then i bought a used Intex 2650 sand filter that had been stored for about a year.....couldn't get that running. (it's for sale cheap by the way) Original owner says it ran like a beast last summer. I'm not mechanically inclined and no hubby that can help, so i just went and bought a sandpro 50 on sale for like 149. Literally just last night got it running and now waiting to hopefully swim this weekend......uggggggg, i'm almost regretting this pool thing.

My biggest problem has been my back yard faces west and i get the super hot texas sun every evening shining down.....even turns my dog water green. So I'm here for an ultra fun journey.....lol. :cheers: