Automatic water level controls

Aug 6, 2012
The Villages, FL
I've seen some material on the Levelor systems that will add water to a pool automatically, is there any that will both add and remove water from the pool?
Living in FL we get quite a bit of rain in the summer and in the 5 weeks I've had my new in ground pool I've had to lower the level 3 times due to the rain and add water twice due to splash out.
And yes, I'm sure the level increase was due to the rain and not another source.
Thanks

I thought that most people who need this have simply installed an overflow drain pipe in their pool. Commonly I think this goes in the skimmer basket and it's just what it sounds like - a pipe (open) that leads to a drain off area that is above the normal level but below the top of the pool so that when water is getting too high it can flow off automatically. No need for electricity, no need for sensors, no automation, only passive flow.

I'm sure there are situations where this solution is not appropriate - where the pool is not placed where passive overflow would work - but it does seem like a good solution for most people.

This is the Auto Fill unit that our PB supplied:
http://www.inyopools.com/Products/14800404048454.htm

They are running a pipe from the water faucet on the side of our house (used a T so we can still use the faucet normally) to the CMP Auto Fill. There is a drain hole in the Auto Fill. They have run a drain pipe to an area away from the pool. They will also be installing a drain pipe from the skimmer. So, I am hopeful that these 2 drains will be sufficient to handle heavy rains. The placement and alignment of the Auto Fill/Drain is critical.

The PB mentioned that when the concrete guys pour the decking they often step on or kick the Auto Fill and knock it out of alignment. :hammer: They got our Auto Fill positioned and then put concrete around it so that it doesn't move. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.