Solar cover and pH

May 6, 2012
Peoria, IL
I'm just wondering if it's possible for a solar cover to lower pH. I ask because my pH always drifts up due to my SWG and slightly high TA (currently 130), but for the past 2 weeks I've had my solar cover on because it's been a bit cooler, and I have not needed to add any acid since I put the cover on. I usually have to add acid 1 or 2 times per week. But since I put the solar cover on, my pH has actually been decreasing very slowly. Does the cover somehow lower pH? I'm not concerned at all. I don't think this is anything to worry about. I'll just add some borax if it continues to drop. I'm just curious.

I experience the same, but my TA is in the 60-70 area. Uncovered, the pool hovers around 7.6 and if covered for more than three days, it tests in the 7.2-7.4 range. Almost like clockwork. I can't explain it, but have grown to expect it. As soon as the pool is uncovered for more than a day, it's back up to 7.6.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.