Safety Cover Cost

Aug 23, 2012
St. Louis
I received a quote for a new safety cover from Raynor for $4,229 for their basic safety mesh cover. The quote is for a 28 X 40 free-form cover. Does this seem in line?

Background,
This is my first year with a pool. Apparently a few deer fall through it a few years back. I knew about the need for a new cover when we bought the house, but wasn’t expecting it to be quite this expensive.

Swampwoman said:
MT, do you still have the old cover, and was it one guaranteed for life? It's possible to send them back to mfg for repair, as I understand it.

Raynor evaluated it for repair, but it was in pretty old and worn looking to begin with and I don't doubt it was too rotten to repair. Raynor has the cover. I sent it to them so they could use it as a template to make an exact duplicate. I want to reuse the existing anchor locations so I don't have any more holes in the concrete pool deck.

I'm just looking to see if their bid is within reason.

My pool is fairly similar to yours, maybe slightly larger, and I am in shock at the price you were quoted. I have to replace mine as well and that is double what I was expecting. Hope someone can chime in.

If your dimensions (28 x 40) are reasonably accurate, the number you have been quoted seems about $600.00 high.

If Raynor made the cover originally, they shouldn't need the old one for a template. They should be able to produce a new cover that exactly matches the old cover (if they can locate the original specifications).

That said, did the price come through a dealer? I don't believe Raynor will sell a custom cover direct.

In addition, I've found that Raynor will adjust the finished price for a new cover, if they sold the original one.

There is a huge difference in price for an off the shelf cover with 5 foot strap spacing and a true custom free form with 3 foot strap spacing.

Qwaxalot said:
If your dimensions (28 x 40) are reasonably accurate, the number you have been quoted seems about $600.00 high.

If Raynor made the cover originally, they shouldn't need the old one for a template. They should be able to produce a new cover that exactly matches the old cover (if they can locate the original specifications).

That said, did the price come through a dealer? I don't believe Raynor will sell a custom cover direct.

In addition, I've found that Raynor will adjust the finished price for a new cover, if they sold the original one.

There is a huge difference in price for an off the shelf cover with 5 foot strap spacing and a true custom free form with 3 foot strap spacing.

I went through the local Leslie’s for store and they recommended I send it to Raynor since I had the original. They must be a Raynor dealer. I ended up paying $3,600 for the cover (20%) off the quote. That is more in line with what I was expecting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.