Hayward H Series Heater (Key Pad Question)

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
Odd question here... I had just replaced my keypad due to the buttons no longer working... All is good except one thing. My Heater is in direct sunlight most is not all day long, I have noticed a few times that the sticker or outer part of the keypad is getting hot enough where the glue releases... I can push it back down and its fine but unsure of what to do to stop it... Over time I am sure it will kill it as it did the other one. I have thought about just putting something over it to block the sun... just haven't had the time to invest in the idea...

thoughts?

I've seen people rig various things to cover the keypad from getting nailed by the sun. If your handy enough you might be able to mold something out of a light weight plastic, smoked color of course, and then attach it to the unit. I have seen others use sort sort of thick leather and then they glued it somehow to the unit to cover the keypad or used the two screws holding the bezel on to secure it in place.

I guess you just have to be handy and or imaginative.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.