Stain eating my pool surface.

Aug 23, 2012
I have diamond brite on my pool and I have a yellow stain at different locations on my pool floor. the stain is not yellow algae because it will not brush away. The surface of the pool is where the stains are is pitted and rough on your feet. I have tried crushed chlorine tablets in a sock on the stains and nothing happens. I have also tried vitamin c in a sock and nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is and how to correct it. Thank you in advance for any help.

But even if it was the rebar causing iron stains, the vitamin C should have reduced the coloring.

Can you provide any pictures?

And since we are who we are .... post up a full set of test results ;)

I will try to take pictures that show the stain, but I am not sure how well they will show up. The stains are not that dark. I will also post water test results. Thank you. The Leslie's pool store near me thinks it is rebar leaching thru the surface also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.