desparate for help - intex 2650

tkntx

Aug 23, 2012
I bought a used intex 2650 and not ready to succomb to the fact that i was ripped off yet......plugged in and set up but when i turn it on, it sounds like it's on but it's just humming, nothing is pumping/circulating.....i'm sure what to do. Seller said it was in good shape and ready to go......just frustrated. bought my intex 18x48 a month ago and have spent only a few days in it.

Welcome to tfp, tkntx :wave:

With the power cord unplugged, can you get the impeller to rotate? You may have to reach something like a screw driver into the hole going towards the motor on the bottom of the leaf basket to see if the impeller is loose or frozen.

thanks for the info......i am not a mechanical inclined chick and no hubby to help. I just fed up and went to the pool supply and bought a new filter/pump for 150 bucks....set it up, plugged it in and now just waiting to see if the pool cleans.

disclaimer.....if anyone in the houston texas area wants an Intex 2650 that has been in storage for a year but i was told last time it was used, it ran like a beast, i have one for sale cheap. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.