What is Startup Tec?

Yeah, I didnt get much from any of the information provided unless you count "no acid or phosphates", "polymer technology", and yes, "sequesters". The surface analysis paper was very brief compared to the ones I read on the OnBalance site, and all it said was "one sequestration didn't appear to harm the plaster" which is of course very nice. That paper was interesting in that it said the pigmented plaster samples' surfaces were smoother than the non pigmented (white) plaster.

My builder used it as well and he swears by it on all his builds, our pool was done with basic white plaster. We plastered and filled the pool on a Thursday and did startup on Friday, pool was clear by Sunday. There was very little plaster dust to deal with, while I had to brush it the first few days it was no where near what I was expecting. Not sure if the Startup Tec had anything to do with it. This was our first pool from scratch and I really had no reference point for how much plaster dust I would have to deal with. McGrayel is a local company and I have dealt with their reps for their non pool chemical products for industrial cooling tower descaling and it always gave off a snake oil vibe, but our PB strikes me as a pretty sharp guy and not one to buy into gimmicks, but who knows!

Thanks Carter, glad to hear it worked well for you. I also trust my PB (amazing, I know) so I wasn't too worried about it, but thought I would at least see if anyone knew what was in it.

By the way, you are supporting one of our local businesses. Hasty Bakes are made here in Tulsa, OK. I know Richard the owner, good guy and a great grill. I used to have one but now have a trailer mounted smoker like this: http://langbbqsmokers.com/lang48/index.html However back when I bought mine, the body of the smoker came with rounded ends instead of flat, making it look like an air compressor tank. Very impressive cooker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.