Choosing a Liquidator size

Tim C

Jan 21, 2008
Rhode Island
HI,
I would like to get a liquidator, but I'm stuck on what size I should get. I have an inground, 22,000 gallon vinyl-lined pool. Full sun all day. We have about a 4 month swimming season. I'm not sure if the 8 gallon would be too large, or if the 4 gallon one would require too frequent filling. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Well, let's see. a pool will normally incur somewhere around a 2ppm FC loss daily, which is .7gal in a 22k pool.

So, the 4 gal would give you about five days run time and the 8 gal would give you twice that.

(I have both in stock)

Dave is correct. Until this week, I have been adding only 1.4 gal to my Liquidator a week. Today I had to add 3 gal since the consumption is up due to a week of clear skies.

Go with the 8gal tank, you won't be sorry. I have the 8 gal.

I think I would go with the 8 gallon model. You don't have to keep it filled to the top. It seems to me that you could leave a few gallons in it most of the time, then top it off with the full 8 gallons if you go away on vacation or something. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.