Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Choosing a Liquidator size

1. Back To Top    #1

Choosing a Liquidator size

HI,
    I would like to get a liquidator, but I'm stuck on what size I should get. I have an inground, 22,000 gallon vinyl-lined pool. Full sun all day. We have about a 4 month swimming season. I'm not sure if the 8 gallon would be too large, or if the 4 gallon one would require too frequent filling. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Tim,

Are you gonna' use clorox or do you have access to 12% chlorine? That would be my determining factor.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. I have access to 12%, but I usually just end up with 6% bleach. So, I guess the 8 gallon size would make more sense?

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    Well, let's see. a pool will normally incur somewhere around a 2ppm FC loss daily, which is .7gal in a 22k pool.

So, the 4 gal would give you about five days run time and the 8 gal would give you twice that.

(I have both in stock)
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Dave is correct. Until this week, I have been adding only 1.4 gal to my Liquidator a week. Today I had to add 3 gal since the consumption is up due to a week of clear skies.

Go with the 8gal tank, you won't be sorry. I have the 8 gal.
    20k Gunite/Prism Blue-Pebblesheen, Pentair Tagelus TA-100D Sand Filter, Heliocol Solar Water Heater, 2 bubblers and 2 waterfalls installed 2007, 3hp IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018 installed 2013, Aquabot Turbo T4 RC and Stenner 45MHP10 w/The Liquidator container installed 2012.
    Antigua Spa by Artesian Spas: 325 gl, 52 jets, 6 hp 2 sp & 6 hp 1 sp, Circulation System 24 Hour Whisper Pure, Ozonator, LED digital lighting, The Artesian Pillowfall installed 2007.
    Retired: 2hp Pentair Whisperflow, Legend Platinum w/booster pump, PH Adjuster

7. Back To Top    #7

I think I would go with the 8 gallon model. You don't have to keep it filled to the top. It seems to me that you could leave a few gallons in it most of the time, then top it off with the full 8 gallons if you go away on vacation or something.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280