How to connect a SandPro 50 filter/pump to my pool

Hello! My name is Denis and I just installed my first pool ever.
I got tired of the cleaning the filters and having to buy new ones every 2 weeks, So I got a SandPro 50 from GAME-GROUP (http://www.game-group.com/products/sandpro-50/)

THIS IS MY PROBLEM!
My pool has a totally different design from the one in the instructions
[attachment=2:j9qy8vuj]productpools22.jpeg[/attachment:j9qy8vuj]

My pool does not have holes like this one.
[attachment=1:j9qy8vuj]4510-pool-scene-lr-300x192.jpeg[/attachment:j9qy8vuj]

SO can someone please tell me how do I connect the SANDPRO 50??
I tried by buying a long hose for the INTAKE of water BUT! since the INTAKE IS TOO HIGH the pump can't suck the water in:
[attachment=0:j9qy8vuj]Screen shot 2012-08-20 at 8.16.33 PM.png[/attachment:j9qy8vuj]

Am I suppose to make a hole on the pool??
Please help me thanks.

Attachments

• productpools22.jpeg
    productpools22.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 4510-pool-scene-lr-300x192.jpeg
    4510-pool-scene-lr-300x192.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Screen shot 2012-08-20 at 8.16.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-08-20 at 8.16.33 PM.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 159
You can reverse your hoses...long hose to filter and short hose from fitting to pump, as long as that fitting is below your water level. But I wonder how the previous pump was hooked up :scratch:

Ahh...just noticed your skimmer. You can still try what I suggested as a temp solution. Long term you will want to replace the skimmer or modify it so it will accept suction plumbing to the pump.

Funny that i'm not the only one with one n in my name :smile:

Welcome to TFP :wave:

dmanb2b said:
Ahh...just noticed your skimmer. You can still try what I suggested as a temp solution. Long term you will want to replace the skimmer or modify it so it will accept suction plumbing to the pump.

Funny that i'm not the only one with one n in my name :smile:

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Well, If I reverse the hoses it wont work because the level of the water is a little below the hole.
I was thinking about just using the skimmer and use the whole at the bottom of the skimmer with some sort of adapters but all the stores are closed right now and they don't know jack about Above ground pools.

What about making a hole below the RETURN HOSE? is that possible do they sell some sort of kit?

I am having the exact same problem right now. Trying to figure out how to get the sandpro 50 to work in my summer scape 12 foot metal frame pool that has a skimmer. Could you please tell me exactly what you had to purchase and how you put it together. And i guess more importantly if it is working better and worth the extra money to upgrade pumps. Thanks a million!

You can use this adaptor from Game that "converts" the pump to a plain nozzle so you can connect a 1.5" or 1.25" hose to the bottom of the Intex wall skimmer

http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4552-Skim-Fi ... ex+adaptor

61ZifqsNdmL._SY450_.jpg

-S

ChristaW said:
I am having the exact same problem right now. Trying to figure out how to get the sandpro 50 to work in my summer scape 12 foot metal frame pool that has a skimmer. Could you please tell me exactly what you had to purchase and how you put it together. And i guess more importantly if it is working better and worth the extra money to upgrade pumps. Thanks a million!
HI sorry for taking long to answer I did a better thing! it will safe you money give me a second so I can tell you what to buy..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ChristaW said:

Ok here it is instead of spending $20 on the adapter I went to Home Depot and found this:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... =100346686

It works GREAT! I do get a few drops but it works! take a loo at the pictures:
[attachment=2:20basbvh]photo 1-2.jpeg[/attachment:20basbvh]

[attachment=1:20basbvh]photo 3.jpeg[/attachment:20basbvh]

[attachment=0:20basbvh]photo 4.jpeg[/attachment:20basbvh]

Attachments

• photo 1-2.jpeg
    photo 1-2.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 117
  • photo 3.jpeg
    photo 3.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 117
  • photo 4.jpeg
    photo 4.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 116
ChristaW said:
I see that you have the intex sand filter instead of the sand pro- i know that one is cheaper, does it do a good job? If i can get away spending less money that would be nice.

IT works GREAT! Let me tell you how good it is. One day my pool was GREEN! and the next day the Green stuff (algae) WAS GONE!
Take a look at how green it was and how it looks now.
I opened this thread with pictures of before and after:

is-borax-the-same-as-pool-conditioner-t52424.html

You can get the pump for about $200 at the store and about $180 on line (not worth the wait, support small businesses)

denisrenepl said:
ChristaW said:

Ok here it is instead of spending $20 on the adapter I went to Home Depot and found this:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... =100346686

It works GREAT! I do get a few drops but it works! take a loo at the pictures:

Nice - that's another part I should look into when modding my pool.

-S

Glad to be of help!
I think is on aisle 30 on Home Depot.
I suggest you ger a LONG hose and hang something heavy to it so it sinks and you filter will be taking water from the BOTTOM of the pool, and then return it CLEAN on the top.
Give the SandPRo 50 a couple of hours to ACTUALLY start cleaning the water. Sand Filters are slow. DO read the instructions and DO NOT backwash too often. The Sand filters NEEDS! some debris to clean better.

Watch this video and the second part of it to learn about your filter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_J5KgIq ... plpp_video

ChristaW said:
I see that you have the intex sand filter instead of the sand pro- i know that one is cheaper, does it do a good job? If i can get away spending less money that would be nice.

I love it. It has been working great, compared to the crappy 1000gph A-size cartridge filter that came with the pool. I was cleaning/changing the filters every 2-3 days and that got old quickly. When the filters got clogged the automatic pool cleaner (Wanda) didn't want to work properly.

Found the 2650 gph filter on Amazon ($195 - free 2-day Prime shipping), did the surgery to cut out the two black outlet/return rubber fittings on the pool wall and replaced it with the larger fittings that came with the filter (the filter came with adaptors, hoses, fittings and even an eyeball return). Filled it with 100 lbs of filter sand and that's it. I've not had to mess around with the stupid filters any more, Wanda is happily cleaning without complaining and the pool water has been crystal clear. I'm really happy at how the filter has worked out.

BTW, the same filter went on sale at WalMart for $30 less than what I paid for it on Amazon, so check there first if you're looking to get one.

2012-08-22_18-43-02_274.jpg

Cut out the black rubber wall fittings.....

2012-08-22_18-43-43_356.jpg

Crystal clear!! Thanks to TFP.

2012-08-22_18-44-02_658.jpg

denisrenepl said:
I see that you have a "duck" floating chlorinator. what do you put in there? tablets?
and how do you keep the water so crystal clear... my is always cloudily no matter what...

Regular 3" tabs (don't put more than 2 in there). I turned it down to the lowest setting (2 holes) and turned it down a little more so the two holes are half open.

The floating turtle chlorinator is there to maintain the chlorine level constant. I adjust the chlorine levels with liquid chlorine or bleach....muriatic acid to balance the pH.... baking soda for stabilizer (about 3 lbs for my 5000 gal pool) and cyanuric acid granules to stablilize the chlorine. If the chlorine levels gets too high, I pull the floater out and leave it to hang on the outside wall of the pool (if you look closely you can see a rope around the turtle's neck).

Chemical levels:
FC - 4-7ppm
TC - 4-7ppm
CC - 0 ppm
pH - 7.2-7.6
TA - 70-80 mg/L
CYA - 45-50 mg/L

Our pool is totally under our large back patio so it's totally covered so I don't lose much chlorine to the sun, but we get a ton of dust storms out here, so dust gets blown in all the time. One storm will typically cover the floor of the pool with a thin brown layer of dirt. Wanda the Whale vacuums all that stuff out in about 2 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.