newbie looking for advice

Aug 20, 2012
Hello, I am new to this forum and new to owning a pool. I have been using Pristine Blue recommended by the local pool store but have been reading some bad info about this stuff. I guess my question is what is best recommended to use in a pool. I was told Pristine is cheaper to use than chlorine but it seems kind of expensive, what is more cost effective? From what I was told Pristine is easier to keep your pool clean versus chlorine. Pool is above ground 24ft across and 54inches deep with a sand filter. We live in Florida if that makes any difference, pool is out in the open so its in the sun all day.

Any input would be much appreciated...thanks Pete

roadie2000 said:
Hello, I am new to this forum and new to owning a pool. I have been using Pristine Blue recommended by the local pool store but have been reading some bad info about this stuff. I guess my question is what is best recommended to use in a pool. I was told Pristine is cheaper to use than chlorine but it seems kind of expensive, what is more cost effective? From what I was told Pristine is easier to keep your pool clean versus chlorine. Pool is above ground 24ft across and 54inches deep with a sand filter. We live in Florida if that makes any difference, pool is out in the open so its in the sun all day.

Any input would be much appreciated...thanks Pete
Welcome :wave:

Start in Pool School. Then maybe go to the testimonial section of the forum.

Welcome to TFP!

It is not necessary to use Pristine Blue to have a sparkly pool. Click over to Pool School and learn about BBB. You'll have more money in your pocket and less trouble with your water balance. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.