CURIOUS - has anyone tried to bury intex Ultra Frame pool

Nov 3, 2011
Just curious - has anyone attempted to bury a INTEX Ultra Frame AG pool?
We are thinking about using a thick liner (barrier) and making a wooden frame to
put inside the ground - the pool nor poles will be touching any dirt.

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 986
Re: CURIOUS - has anyone tried to bury intex Ultra Frame poo

bikerskid120 said:
Just curious - has anyone attempted to bury a INTEX Ultra Frame AG pool?
We are thinking about using a thick liner (barrier) and making a wooden frame to
put inside the ground - the pool nor poles will be touching any dirt.

I can assure you it works out great. if you follow a few good rules. NO ROCKS or SHARP objects in dirt on back fill or bottom.
I am in the last few steps now in burying our INTEX 24foot 52" Round Ultra Metal Frame pool.
I buried it 30" in the ground with a cone slope to the center. So semi inground I am back filling it so not doing a retaining wall. If I would have sunk it close to level the best would be retaining wall and or french drain and deck. This way I dont do anything but backfill with clean earth.
It took us 10 work as we could days to dig and get the pool up with water to settle in. it was about 20 yards of dirt.
I do have video of a few timelapse pics on youtube (youtube.com/zedhed) and Will post more video and pics soon and as I go along. I will send you more info or pics if you like just ask. PM

The pool should last around 12years in the ground.

So go for it.

My friend has a partially buried intex, the rectangular one. He did it about 5 yrs ago, its still standing. I believe the backfill isn't completely against the pool walls, maybe a 1-2' airgap. He has a deck around it making up the difference in the backfill.

My friend has a partially buried intex, the rectangular one. He did it about 5 yrs ago, its still standing. I believe the backfill isn't completely against the pool walls, maybe a 1-2' airgap. He has a deck around it making up the difference in the backfill.

As long as you dont backfill against the liner you should be OK. Mine is in a slope, had to dig down about 20" at the high end. No issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 477
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 441
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 450
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 455
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 474

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.