help....pump wont come on....suspect electrical problem

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
I've measured the voltage coming to the pump by putting the two needles of the voltage neater on the two screws with the red wires as 0 at the pump. I'm measuring 250 volts on the two red wires coming into the timer but 0 leaving the timer going to the pump.

My question is if I can somehow bypass the timer by connecting the wires coming to the timer with the ones leaving the housing. I was scared to just start twisting wires together as I'm no electrician. The power wires coming into the timer are on the left and the ones going to the pump are on the right. We had a lot of lightning last night and not sure if that has anything to do with it. I started measuring for electrical voltage at the pump and worked my way back to the timer. There is definately power coming to the timer but it doesn't seem to be anything leaving and all connections look good and clean.

well..............I tried to bipass the timer......conected the wires that i thought shoult be connected......and voila.....the pump worked. I'm thankful to a local pool company I called that was more willing to walk me through this than they were to visit.....wow....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.