new filter gauge installation help

midtngal

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville, TN
Pentair has sent me a new filter gauge to replace my new one that doesn't work. I want to make sure I don't muss up something here. Do I need to turn the pump off before I unscrew the old and replace it?? There is plumber's tape there now which makes me think that water will spew??

Thanks bunches!

Yes, water will come out if you remove the old one with the pump on. Shut it down, put a wrap of tape on the new one and swap them.

midtngal said:
Okay...well, I changed the filter and it's till reading "0". Is there something more to it than just screwing it in???

There isn't anything to it other than screwing it in. Sometimes debris will plug up the opening. You can take apart the filter and see if the opening is clear. Or you can take off the gauge and see if you can clear the opening. Make sure the teflon tape you put on it isn't blocking the opening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.