Anybody else use an AquaVac Aqua King (or newer Commander)?

jamyers

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 12, 2012
Like the subject says, anybody else using one of these robot beasts? I LOVE mine in my large pool, although now that Hayward bought out AquaVac and got "organized", it takes 2-3 weeks to get parts instead of the 2-3 days it used to take ordering direct from AquaVac (grr...)

His name is "Presby", and here he is sitting on the deck with his lifting crane for size perspective. I run him for 2-3 hours a day every day and he grabs everything off the bottom of the pool - leaves, pecans, jewelry, money, etc. He's my best friend during the summer!

Anybody know where I can get parts direct/fast anymore? Hayward directs me to their "authorized AquaVac servicers" (which aren't common), and apparently those guys don't have enough demand to stock parts on hand, so they order them drop-shipped from Hayward - which takes 2-3 weeks (FOREVER when the machine is down). Fortunately, I've built up a decent box of parts and odds and ends, but if something major on it goes down I could be in a world of hurt waiting on Hayward to help.

Attachments

• Presby1.jpg
    Presby1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 55
Re: Anybody else use an AquaVac Aqua King (or newer Commande

I can't give you any advice on the parts, other than I know what that's like with parts in general. It's busted guys/dolls, HURRY UP!!! :rant:
LOL

But I wanted to post and say that I like the name you have given him, and that you did bother to give him one, a very creative one at that.
What's it mean, can I ask?

I had a good chuckle over your statement that Presby is your best friend during the summer. So does this mean you ignore your other friends during pool season? ;)

I hope you can find someone that can get you parts faster.
BTW, what on earth is their excuse for taking so stinking long?
That's just absurd!
What, do they have to wait for some guy in China to make the part and ship it to them on a part by part basis? LOL

Hahaha, I didn't name him, the previous Camp Manager's wife did. This is at a Presbyterian Church Camp, and "Presby" is short for Presbyterian, I guess she liked the nickname. She also declared that it's male, because she "liked to watch men work", lol.

And yes, when summer comes along I'm pretty much locked down here, so yeah...my other friends pretty well get ignored unless they come see me. Thankfully many do just that - but sometimes I wonder if it's me or the pool they're coming to visit, lol!

I haven't heard any excuse from Hayward, although I did send them an email complaining about it last year. But like most big companies, I don't think they really care - where else am I going to go? (but I'm looking, believe me!)

I wondered if it meant Presbyterian.
So that explains the insanely large half lap Olympic pool. I was wondering why someone would have that at home. LOL

BTW, how much does that thing weigh, such that you have to use an engine hoist to lift it?

"She liked to watch men work" LOL
Isn't that true of both sexes? Opposing genders I should clarify.

Sadly, I'm sure it's probably the pool they're coming to see. ;)

You need to perform a mail bombing.
How To Launch An Executive Email Carpet Bomb

Lots of other good info on that website too.

I hope you get it worked out & God bless. :goodjob:

Yeah, we moved into an "itty-bitty house with a huge back yard" when I started working / living here...the pool is half the fun!

Dry, Presby weighs about (I think) 50 lbs. Wet, he's too danged heavy - which is why the custom winch. I'm waiting for the day I mis-judge things and roll the whole danged mess into the pool! :shock:

Thanks for the link, I'll poke around there and see what might work!

So you must live on site at the camp?
Nothing wrong with that, nice big pool like that to play with/in. Super neato!! :D

50lbs is bad enough on land, direct lift with your center of gravity over the object, sure, but bending over the pool, trying not to fall in and adding 'soaking wet' to the equation, it could easily be 75+ pounds I imagine.
That's a potential recipe for disaster!

What about maybe building a ramp for it, one that's easily removable in the shallow end?

LOL, if that did happen, that'd be sad, humiliating and possibly painful, but pretty EPIC all at the same time. :lol:
News headline... "Local pool maintenance guy nearly drowns, while servicing 'Presby' the pool cleaner, at church camp."

Sure thing, hope it helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.