Seal dropped beam?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
I have about 30 feet of dropped beam on my pool that will be set with rocks below the water line. Is there some sort of sealer that should be applied before the rocks are set? I am sure the joints are not waterproof... and want to make sure I will not be losing water there through the shell.

How badly do you want this feature? Every pool I've seen with this kind of treatment has had to be re tuck-pointed regularly, and has had chronic issues with algae along the interface.

My PB does seal the dropped beam area before placing the rocks... the sealer I have seen pics of is not invisible... not a concern behind rocks... but in my cave we chose to not use tile and he did a real nice job carving the gunite to below the water line. Is there a sealer I can use on the gunite inside the cave that is below the water line or may be even the entire inside, that would not be visible or change the appearance?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.