Power/generating light going on and off

Aug 18, 2012
Wow, am I glad I found this place... hopefully I will be able to explain my situation.

Problem: not generating enough chlorine, you prob already knew that.

Symptoms: Power and generating light are cycling on and off. 10-12 sec on and 35-40 secs off. I was counting this out so I do not know the specifics. But you get the idea. When I cycled through the diagnostics, as I was looking at the cell voltage, it was climbing... when I first got there it was 12.2 and was climbing when I went on, it was all the way to 19 and still climbing. Later when I was there, I noticed it go to zero and start climbing again, I only assume that that was at the end of one of those light cycles. I am thinking this has to be electrical, but could it be the sensor? I dont know.

I cleaned the cell with an acid solution so that shouldnt be the problem. the remaining diagnostics are as follows

Salt level 3400
Temp 86
Cell Voltage...12 climbing ..... repeat
Cell Current 0.00
Output 100P
Instate Salinity -0
Prod Name AL-0
Revision 1.58
Cell Type t-15

Clorine 0.00
Total Cloring 0.2
pH 7.7
CYA 67
Alkalinity 96 (adding balance pak 100 to fix that)
(seems like I have to add a lot of that)

UPDATE: I changed out the flow sensor, I guess it does other stuff.. but still cycling off and on....

Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I would not add that balance pack 100 (a/k/a baking soda) because your TA is already on the high side of our recommended level for an SWG.

You should add bleach/liquid chlorine to get your FC in range while you are getting the SWG repaired.

Recommended levels are in Pool School.

Use the PoolCalculator.com to calculate the doses.

Others will be along soon to help w/the SWG. I'm just trying to help keep your pool water sanitized while you are doing so :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.