Right Track??

Jun 10, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Hello all, been using this site quite frequently over the past 2 months, and have to say this makes pool care as easy as mowing the lawn. Anyway, I wanted to make sure I am going in the right direction, received my TF-100 toady and dove right in, here is my numbers...
PH 7.5
FC 5.5
CC 0.5
CYA 20 (added 13 oz. wanting about 30-40)
TA 90
CH didn't test
Water temp 81 degrees
My water is crystal clear, and has been for about 3 weeks now, should I lower my TA some what or leave it?
Thank you in advance!!!

looks pretty good. I agree adding the CYA is a good idea.

Your TA is fine where it is, as you adjust and keep the pH in range, the TA may come down a bit and find a happy place, but certainly nothing to worry about.

Test the CH and and it to your records. While low does not matter for you, high can be something to keep an eye on.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Tested water this morning..
CH 120
Need to get my weekly supply of bleach!!!! :mrgreen:
One quick question....
Is 6 F.C. too much, I've been running between 4-5 and seemed to be getting organic build up on pool floor, but since moving F.C. up it has decreased significantly

shortusd said:
Tested water this morning..
CH 120
Need to get my weekly supply of bleach!!!! :mrgreen:
One quick question....
Is 6 F.C. too much, I've been running between 4-5 and seemed to be getting organic build up on pool floor, but since moving F.C. up it has decreased significantly
Make sure it's organic. Perform the OCLT test and proceed from there. No sense wasting Chlorine if it isn't organic and no sense delaying the shock process if it is.

Is 6 F.C. too much, I've been running between 4-5 and seemed to be getting organic build up on pool floor
6 FC is fine. With your proposed CYA of 40ppm, 3-5 is a target but not a hard, fast rule.

I suspect that dead algae was falling to your pool floor earlier, not "organic buildup" which sort of implies it was alive.

You are probably seeing less and less because the chlorine is winning the battle....not because you changed from 4 ppm to 6ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.