Dig Deviates from Drawings

Jun 22, 2012
Has anyone had any experience where the location of the pre-gunite dig differs from the drawings? My wife and I both think (as does our neighbor who noticed it on her own, and my brother in law who is an engineer and measured) that the free form pool dug on Wednesday and rebarred and rough plumbed Thursday and today is off by several feet. While that wouldn't be a huge deal normally (although I wouldn't be happy with it), it is resulting in a section of the pool being very close to our house. In most cases I would accept maybe a discount or some other compensation, but with this I want it done how and where we agreed to have it built.

Anyway, the builder is coming to look at it in the morning. I am hopeful, even confident, that he will do what's right, but I when he tells me what that is, I would like to know that the cure isn't worse that the disease. Are there any questions I should be prepared to ask him? Thanks so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.