Greetings from MOTown, CA.

May 9, 2008
MOTown? Well that's what the kids call it. You know "bling, bling".

Actually Modesto, CA. Home of the ever popular Gallo Wine company known world wide. (man how I hate wine)

Been a 'phantom' reader of the forms here for a couple of weeks and I have to say I've enjoyed lurking. Thought it was about time to register up and learn/share with the rest of the readers.

Not 'totally' new to keeping a pool, grew up with one as a kid...what a chore. Now just being short of being called an 'old man', I've dug our own pool. Actually coming up on it's 5th birthday!

Been a lot of fun, but after the first year and half way into the second year I haven't been happy with keeping things stable. Levels are either too high, or non-existent. Ok, yes I may be to blame for part of it... but now that I've found TFP I think this year will be fantastic.

I'm running an all 'Hayward' pool system.
SwimClear quad cluster filter (C5020)
Super II Pump (2hp)
Hayward Navagitor
Auto pool filler
2 Sam Lites
AquaDyne Control Panel
Remote Control thing-a-ma-jig
Custom color PebbleTec (advise...stick with what they offer. Took far too long for a 'custom' blend)
23,500 gallon capacity.

Here's a few images of my pool:

Finally ready for water!!

DSCF0037.jpg

Full of water, deck cleaned up... ready to Swim!!

DSCF0046.jpg

Looks good right? Well if you look closly at the first image, the white 'power' that has formed on the deck never goes away. Sure it looks good when it's wet, however after the first 4 months, more and more of the color that was 'mixed' into the cement faded away. Our pool builder continued to assure me that the color would stablize. At the 6 month mark, the wife of the pool company came to take a peek at what I was complaining about. Something went wrong 'somewhere', however a few thousand dollars later... I'm totally in love with my new 'upgraded' deck!!

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

I admit, it's been a very long time since I've had the opportunity to visit TFP.

Since it's been so long, I though it better to simply re-fresh my intro, rather than starting over.

On the "Pool Front" --
Wow, 2 in College sure takes a toll on the ol' finances. And of course, the first to suffer is my pool.

No frogs thankfully!
However what a MAJOR deal to drain, powerwash the gunk, and get things ready to re-start. (I thought algae was a low growing menace - boy was I wrong)

Anyway, glad to be back and this time 'sticking to the BBB method'