Test kit?

Aug 9, 2012
Hi - new spa owner here. Is the following info (from the OP) still valid?

===
The best investment you can make in your pool is a top quality water test kit. Accurate water test results will save you time and money again and again. The TF Test Kits TF100, Taylor K-2006, and Leslie's Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit are the current stand-out choices on the market. All three include the FAS-DPD chlorine test, and are based on Taylor chemistry.
===

The OP was in 2008. Are there new (updated) kits that you recommend. Thanks!!

Re: BBB for Beginners

Hi, welcome to TFP! We still recommend the TF 100, and the Taylor K2006. The Leslie's FAS-DPD service kit is the same as the Taylor K2006 with a Leslie's label slapped on it. These kits are all available online, but if you try to find one in pool store, be careful. The Taylor K2005 is not the same as the K2006, and Leslie's sells other test kits that do not contain the FAS-DPD test.

The FAS-DPD test appears to be different between those 2 kits and the 2106 does not include the CYA test. Looks like you will have to return it.

tftestkits.net sells the K-2006 in addition to the TF-100 and has fast shipping ... not sure how fast you were able to get this one.

Thanks. I've ordered the TF kit. Was trying to return the other one I bought on Amazon and got this messag.

For safety reasons, items that are classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases cannot be returned to Amazon.com. Customers should dispose of hazardous materials according to Local, State and Federal regulations. Customers should contact their local government or local waste company for directions on how to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste.

Grrr...I guess this means I don't get my money back. I emailed the seller.

Wow. Did they send wrong kit or did you order the wrong kit? If they screwed up, you should get your money back even if you have to keep the kit.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I had a (sort of) similar problem with Amazon 4 yrs ago. Ordered a snow blower and it was broken when it arrived. They wouldn't take it back for the same reason and, at first, wouldn't give me money back because they said to get it fixed on their dime. After 2 failed attempts to repair it, I called my credit card company. They said Amazon didn't have to take back the snowblower. However they DID had to give me my money back and, if they didn't, I could dispute the $500 charge. I talked to Amazon and told them what the credit card company said, they credited me the 500 bucks. I dont know this for a fact, but I suspect that disputes don't look good for a company in their relationship with CC companies.

If you ordered the right one, you should get your money back.

If they do not want it back, there are likely a few tests that you could use just not the bromine one.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.