New Pool in MA coming Soon

Haven't had it under the full nightime lights yet. My pool light install was a pain as the conduit broke and they had to dig it up last week to replace. The electrician hasn't come back to hook it up yet. On a cloudy day, it looks more grayish/blue. Again, to me it's more natural looking than a deep blue that is very artifical.

I know that the liner I got was a 28mil liner which I think is the thicker/heavier one over a stanrard one. the 28 might just be the walls....I can't remember but I know it was a better choice over other brands my PB uses. He really likes this company. They also make the CoverLogic safety covers which I will most likely do once my deck gets poured..

mpkelley20 said:
Haven't had it under the full nightime lights yet. My pool light install was a pain as the conduit broke and they had to dig it up last week to replace. The electrician hasn't come back to hook it up yet. On a cloudy day, it looks more grayish/blue. Again, to me it's more natural looking than a deep blue that is very artifical.

I know that the liner I got was a 28mil liner which I think is the thicker/heavier one over a stanrard one. the 28 might just be the walls....I can't remember but I know it was a better choice over other brands my PB uses. He really likes this company. They also make the CoverLogic safety covers which I will most likely do once my deck gets poured..

No hurry, but if you could ever video the water on a cloudy day I would love to see it!

cj gal said:
This is the liner we ordered...can't wait to see what it looks like with water! Unfortunately it will be at least 1-2 weeks till we are ready to drop the liner.

cj gal, you are a little ahead of me. Im waiting on weather to break so I can get the collar poured and vermiculite in, then I need to measure for the liner.

Here is a quick video I just took. Sorry about quality as it was on my Iphone. But hopefully this will show you how it looks in cloudy weather. One thing I tried to get is how dirt shows up. Obviously I get more dirt in my pool right now due to no deck yet but the lighter color does show off the dirt more. I bought an Aquabot Turbo TR4 which does an awesome job cleaning it but I haven;t run it in about 5 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpjM3Gei ... oA&index=1

Excellent, thank you so much for the videos! I am pretty sure we will go with this liner, my wife is a little skeptical as she thinks the color is a little drastic but she loved the color of the water, she just wasnt sure about the border at the top. Ill see if I can convince her!

It's not as drastic as you would think. As I mentioned, I wanted to do tan but that was too drastic for the wife. When comparing tan vs. this, it was an easy sell! I just didn;t give her many other options. LOL!!

Second wall is complete as are the stair. Next up is the deck. Met with the guy today to plot out area and it looks like I went from 1200 square feet to probably 1600. Less landscaping to do!

Here are pics from the second wall. The stairs were a surprise. I figured I'd be getting cement but the guy gave me some nice bluestone steps. Very happy with them!

And a shot from my neighbor's yard looking towards my pool.

So once the deck goes in I will have my permanent fence installed and then get to landscaping. Not much within the pool area but we did leave some areas where we will do some flower beds. Most of the landscaping will be topsoil and planting new grass outside the pool area

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lots of rain here in MA the last week or so. My deck was scheduled to be put in this week but it's been postponed until next week as long as the weather improves. The forms were laid out for the patio and the ground leveled so we are goo on that front.

One benefit from the rain was that I had my fence company come out for another measurement and due to the walkway I am doing they decided to get a head start on putting in some of the posts that needed to be cememted in around where the walkway will be. I guess I am lucky this happeneed, otherwise, they would have had to drill into my newly poured walkway when they came back to do the entire fence.

Even without the deck, I have been swimming a little which is nice. Weather had been 70's and even lower 80's so maintaining a water temp of 77 to 80 has required very little from my heater.

I di have a couple of items I wish I did differently or need the PB to check.

1. Pool light- should have listened to everyone...one pool light in a 20x40 pool is not enough! Sure, the deep end lights up nicely and my shallow end stairs get a cool glow but no light in the rest of the shallow end kind of stinks. Also, I realized that we did not do an LED color light but rather the older style Halogen Pentair SAM light. My fault for not realizing this when my PB wrote up the details. I just assumed all color lights were LED. Oh well...no big deal.

2. I have some settling of the vermiculite on one wall. Nothing major....yet...and my PB is aware of it. He said this is normal in areas like mine but he wants to get in the pool and check to see if any of the settling is putting the liner at risk. He said there are ways of "smoothing" and potential sharp areas using some kind of roller. I;ve done sopme reserach and it seems that this issue is somewhat common but hoping people can chime in on it to either put my mind at ease or give me the correct info to go back to PB for it to be fixed. It's hard to see the settling for the most part but it can be seen better at night with pool light on. Again, not bad settling but enough to get me a bit nervous.

I have also successfully transitioned over to the BBB method. I have been using bleach as my chlorine and I am adding some every couple of days but testing daily. My PH and AL have been very stable so all the reserach I;ve done here has paid off quite a bit. Now I am out preaching these methods to friends!

No pics yet since it hasn't offically started but the deck is finally being poured tomorrow. The last two weeks have been full of rain so project was on hold.

Today they will cement in the ladder, railing and diving board mounts.

Tomorrow they will pour the concrete (stamped with silver base and charcoal color on top)

Saturday they will clean and apply sealer.

Sunday I can supposedly walk on it.

The final measurement of the patio including a short walkway is 2100 square feet. Originally planned 1200 so I am way bigger than expected. The guy doing the work gave me a great deal on price as I've recommeded him for other jobs (which he got) so I am feeling pretty good about the overall price considering how much bigger I went.

Hopefully have some pics of the process tomorrow as it's taking place and will post up final pictures on Sunday. Aftrer this, I need my permanent fence to be installed and then I will be doing most of the landscaping since I am pretty much tapped out for money on this project.

The crappy thing about the timing of the deck going in is that it will be in the 90's today through Saturday so today is the only day we can ejoy the pool until we can walk on the patio. Oh well!!

Poured my deck today. They were supposed to do it yesterday but it was mid 90's so they put it off until early this morning when it was cooler. Today they did the mainm pour and the stamp. Tomorrow they will come back and cut the lines and then Monday they will powerwash and seal it. So we are getting there!!! Fence goes up Tuesday or Wednesday.

I believe its simply called "Texturing Stone". It's by stampcrete. We used a silver base with charcoal release. It will lighten up quite a bit I believe as it dries and when it gets washed it should have darker charcoal style highlights on the silver base. At least, that's what the pictures and the sites I visited looked like. I'll post up more pics next week once it's all done.

Concrete is looking really good...and spacious. Walls look great. I spy a diving board jig!!

Yes you do. No way I was putting in a pool without a diving board! Grew up with one and my kids love jumping off the one at my parents house so had to do it.

Power washing and sealing was supposed to happen today but its raining. Yikes!!! Hope this doesn't ruin anything!!

Pool looks Great, just curious what part of MA do you live in? I am in Western MA and I am just starting my process. I think I am going to do what you did, install the pool in the fall and the decking the following spring so it can settle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.