Broken fitting to sweeper hose

dsm

Jul 3, 2010
Double Oak, TX
The pvc pipe fitting leading from the filter into the pool for the sweeper hose split today. Every attempt to remove the fitting and replace it (I have a spare part laying around) simply cracks the fitting further leaving me with nothing to grip and try to unthread the fitting. Any ideas how I can complete the removal of the broken fitting so I can replace it? Is there a wrench I can fit into the notches inside the fitting to unscrew this piece?

Thanks

dsm said:
The pvc pipe fitting leading from the filter into the pool for the sweeper hose split today. Every attempt to remove the fitting and replace it (I have a spare part laying around) simply cracks the fitting further leaving me with nothing to grip and try to unthread the fitting. Any ideas how I can complete the removal of the broken fitting so I can replace it? Is there a wrench I can fit into the notches inside the fitting to unscrew this piece?

Thanks

? What does the sweeper hose go to?

Is it this part?

polaris_6-500-00.jpg

http://www.yourpoolhq.com/universal-wal ... 00-00.html

They make a tool to remove this fitting.

polaris_wall_fitting_uwf_removal_tool_10-102-00.jpg

http://www.yourpoolhq.com/polaris-wall- ... 02-00.html

You can make a tool that fits inside the fitting and catches the inside notches.

dsm said:
No glue. The fitting is breaking apart and there is no dried residue of any adhesive.

If there is enough left to cover the existing threads of the main pipe fitting then maybe you could use some underwater epoxy and make a "plug" tool to allow you to get it out. If it is breaking up - can you dig the parts out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You'll probably have to break the old fitting out piece by piece. You can also use a hacksaw blade to cut the fitting part way through. Try to avoid buggering up the threads. If you do mess them up you'll need to clean them up somehow (a 1.5" pipe tap does this, but you're unlikely to have one laying around).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.