Northern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I got Wanda as a Birthday present from a friend and I went to hook her up this morning only leave for work frustrated. Wanda and my Intex frame-mounted skimmer don't get along. I can't figure out how to hook her up to the skimmer. I even tried removing the skimmer and using the blue adapter slips onto the skimmer hose and screws onto the inlet on the side of the pool. Everything seems to be a sizing issue. I've thought about moving to a Hayward skimmer that mounts through the wall, but I'm not ready for that quite yet. I guess its a trip to Lowes with a skimmer in one hand and Wanda parts in the other.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Here's what I did:
1) Remove the Intex skimmer from the side of the pool
2) Hook up wanda normally
3) Attach the white cone end into the end of the wanda tubing
4) Pull off the clear tubing that attaches to the bottom of the skimmer and attach it to the end of the white tube

In short, remove the skimmer and attach the cone to the end of the skimmer hose leaving it attached to the intake. That's what I do.
Does wanda run? I upgraded to the 2500 pump because the standard pump is junk. :blah: :blah: :blah:

I'll still need an adapter. (Lowes find?) the blue adapter that screws to the pool outlet is the wrong size for the Wanda piping ...

I definitely want to upgrade to a better pump/filter, but mine is the 1500GPH unit so I feel okay until I upgrade next year .. 16 x 32 here we come!

I bought a 3-ft 1.5" blow-molded hose from Lowes, and gently heated one end of the hose with a propane torch. When it got warm enough and soft enough, I pushed in the blue Intex adaptor, which stretched out the grey blow-molded tube (see attached photos). Dunked it in water to cool and harden the grey hose. The 1.5" Hayward hose fits onto the other end - Tada!

I don't even have to use the cone adaptor (that's a silly piece).

The trick is to know how to handle the propane torch without burning the plastic. Blast it with a gentle heat and keep the plastic tube moving and rotating to heat it evenly. The hose was cheap so it was worth a risk. You may want to buy an extra one to practice on.

-S

Attachments

• hoses.jpeg
    hoses.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 291
  • hose-ends.jpeg
    hose-ends.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 287
  • pool1.jpeg
    pool1.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 286
Actually mscott327 was right (but I like your idea Shibiwan). When I went home I pulled the clear hose from the blue adapter and plugged Wanda in using the adapter she comes with. Instant success! Maybe I need another blue adapter so I can just screw on the adapter I need ...

She did a GREAT job in the hour I let her run. I think she needed a bit more time, but over all I'm very happy. Small side note; clean your filter BEFORE and AFTER you use Wanda. Also, I'm going to purchase a leaf canister (they seem to pile up behind that blue adapter).

Thanks for the ideas!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.