Blue Fiberglass problem

ajpslp

Jul 14, 2012
Ok so after spending over $20k on my pool and everything working great, my 8 yr son said "dad whats this bump on the step " So I go to the 8 foot blue fiberglass step (manufactured by ALPS) and there is a small bump . Its noticeable to me and after spending this kind of money I would want it perfect. The pool builder is very helpful and called ALPS for me and I emailed pics to them to see how to correct this. Pool builder is more then willing to correct this being a cost to manufacturer of upwards to $3k . He said steps need to be pulled out of concrete lock, maybe new liner 2 or 3 people on job . I think these steps are around $ 1800 to purchase but not sure. waiting for manufacturer to make a cash settlement offer as long as it wont crack or chip in future . Is this a good solution , thoughts? and if cash settlement is to be given what dollar value would u put on it ? I was figuring $1500 ???? pic below
http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r507/ajpslp/

Solid and hard. Manufacturer said it was from a brick or form tgat was in the step prior to finishing the final process. He will give me $1500 back and still have warranty on stairs. Said it will never crack or break in his opinion.

I don't think you'll have any problems with it in the future. That's some really revealing photos. Cudos to you. I'm sure it went a long way in showing the mfg what happened.

Accept the settlement and be happy.

thanks, it was the canon t3i that did the great pics , and looks alot worse then it is , most of friends didnt even see it till i told them about it , as the first step has water on it. $1500 paid for my outdoor grill so I guess its fair enough and hope no problems in future , thanks for ur input guys

I would like to know why your pool builder didn't bring this to your attention prior to using defected steps? That's not good practices. I'm a pool builder of over 34 years and I inspect everything item before it's becomes part of the pool. This defect should have been noticed and either replace by your builder or brought to your attention for discount or replacement by the distributor. I have a tough time believing this was an oversight and not a cover up.

Ok so after spending over $20k on my pool and everything working great, my 8 yr son said "dad whats this bump on the step " So I go to the 8 foot blue fiberglass step (manufactured by ALPS) and there is a small bump . Its noticeable to me and after spending this kind of money I would want it perfect. The pool builder is very helpful and called ALPS for me and I emailed pics to them to see how to correct this. Pool builder is more then willing to correct this being a cost to manufacturer of upwards to $3k . He said steps need to be pulled out of concrete lock, maybe new liner 2 or 3 people on job . I think these steps are around $ 1800 to purchase but not sure. waiting for manufacturer to make a cash settlement offer as long as it wont crack or chip in future . Is this a good solution , thoughts? and if cash settlement is to be given what dollar value would u put on it ? I was figuring $1500 ???? pic below
http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r507/ajpslp/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.