Keeping catch basin clean

Project

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2010
Hi folks

After several years, I've now started renovation work on an existing 5mx4m above ground concrete pool and could really do with your advice on a few issues through the project.
I have a construction background and love a challenge so I thought I'd set myself one by turning what was a concrete/steel water storage into a negative edge pool. I've started by coring 4 holes in the shell for returns etc, chopping away the front edge facing the garden and laying 30m2 slab on which to build the catch basin.
My next step is actually building the catch basin and this is where I'd appreciate you input please. Living in the country we have a fair amount of debris which is one of the reasons I wanted to build a negative edge, but the only drawback I see is that the catch basin is going to get an awful lot of heavy debris. Our aim is to the rent the property, automate chemicals etc and reduce maintenance visits to a minimum. Therefore, what suggestions do you have regarding cleaning the catch basin, floor jets? skimmer?
I'd really appreciate your feedback. I'll start soon to post some pics.
Thanks
Paul

I have no experience with the negative edge...but I get the impression that they take some work to keep running optimally. Since you are planning on renting this place, I would keep it simple and stay with a standard skimmer setup.

Thanks Linen for your reply,
The edge is already underway and having built infinity edge pools I realise how dirty they get and was just thinking of ways to keep it clean! At present I'm thinking of a skimmer and a few floor jets, does anyone have any advice?
Thanks
Paul

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.