Hose Broke Loose, Pump Burned Out?

Jul 2, 2011
So I woke up as normal today and made my way to the back door to let my dogs out when I noticed that my 10,000 gallon above ground pool was, well, empty. Apparently, at some point in the night, the hose that connects the pump to the sand filter came loose/popped off shooting water all over my yard. It now looks like the pump may have run for a while without any water in it and will no longer turn on.

So a couple of questions here:

1) Is this sort of damage repairable or should I just accept the fact that I'll need a new pump once I've filled the pool up again?
2) I'm guessing that either the clamp wasn't tight enough and vibration over the summer wiggled it loose, or there was a pressure issue and it blew off. How should I diagnose the cause to prevent it in the future?
3) The filter doesn't appear to be leaking, so that's good, but should I be concerned about the laterals?

Thanks, gang!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.